Thursday, January 15, 2009

Real Estate Investing Training: My Quest for the Best Part 4

In the last 3 articles in this series I told you about my quest for real estate investing experts that give the best value for their courses, and I told you about two women that I choose to mentor me in real estate investing this year. I don’t want you to think that just because I choose two women in a field that is dominated by men, that there aren’t any men in this business that are excellent trainers as well. In this article and the next article in this series I want to tell you about the men in my life – my business life that is; My tax lien investing to be exact.

The business of tax lien investing is such a small niche in real estate investing that it is almost totally dominated by men. There is only one or two other women that I know of that I would consider to be “experts” in this field. And while one of them has written a couple of books on the subject, neither of them give any formal training in this area that I am aware of. My mentors in the field of tax lien investing have been men. And the web sites that I consider to be indispensable tools for investing in tax liens are also owned and operated by men.

In this article I’d like to tell you about three web sites that I believe are indispensable tools for investing in tax liens. The web site that I use the most for investing in New Jersey tax liens is LienSource.com. LienSource is a registered servicemark of Savid Resource Corperation, a New Jersey Based company. Savid’s president, Steve Davis, has been a New Jersey certified tax collector for over 15 years. He has worked in 8 New Jersey municipalities through his career and is currently the tax collector for Bethlehem Township in Hunterdon County. LienSorce provides tax sale information and tax sale lists for New Jersey and Florida, Nassau County New York, and Washington DC.

To find out what tax sales are coming up all over the country, I use TaxSaleLists.com. TaxSaleLists.com is owned and operated by John Lane. John’s company has over 35 years of experience in buying tax liens in different areas of the country. He is one of the few tax lien investing “gurus” that is an experienced and successful tax lien investor himself. You can get a free membership to his site at TaxSalesLists.com and find out what tax sales are coming up all over the country.

The third web site that I consider to be one of my indispensable resources for tax sale information, especially for investors in Arizona, is ArizonaTaxLiens.com. Arizona Tax Liens is owned and operated by Brendan Monahan. Brendan has been helping people invest in Arizona tax liens since 2001. His site provides education and Arizona tax sale information and tax sale lists. Brendan started providing tax sale lists for Arizona counties a few years ago when he found it difficult to get these lists for his own investing. Many Arizona require that you send a request by mail (with a check for the required fee) and wait for your check to clear before they will send you the tax sale list. This can take weeks. Arizona Tax Liens provides updated lists instantly online and in many cases for less than the county charges.

Stay tuned for Part 5 in this article series in which I’ll tell you about the two gentlemen that are my mentors in tax deed investing and investing in tax delinquent properties.

1 comment:

jchoi85670 said...

Quite nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take time to visit my blog http://tax--lien.blogspot.com/ to share tax lien knowledge.